Powered By Blogger

2024년 4월 6일 토요일

sport and war

Juvenalis, an ancient Roman satirical poet, recited this poem.


Sayanus, a native of Tibelius who boasted of his power, Cicero, an orator, and Hannibal, a general, how miserable the end was. The beauty of appearance can be harmful rather than beneficial. In this way, the most correct and desirable prayer and wish is, "Let a sound body be filled with a sound mind."


The Duke of Wellington, who won the war against Napoleon, said, "The victory at Waterloo was in Eton's playground." The Eton School, which the Duke of Wellington attended at the time, was a public school, which trained his body and mind in Eton with cricket and football.


The Duke of Wellington's quotes, which I read occasionally in my youth, were a guide to my life throughout. Even if I gave up on other things, I continued to exercise. When I felt that my life was distorted while studying, I went to manual labor, and I found that moving my body was a very happy thing. A long time ago, when my remarks regarding the North Korean issue became the talk of the town, a politician was told, "He did it because he liked the sport." Yes, exercising is fun. And there is no harm to myself and others.


A young man sits in front of a computer for a long time, and an old man tries not to move his body because he feels a sense of energy loss. But there are no savings in exercise. I am healthy and happy when I exercise. When I take an old subway line in Seoul, I see a lot of people with disorganized mind. Every time, I feel sorry that "if he had exercised, he would have developed patience and would not have been dragged into his delusions."


If political leaders and his supporters had enjoyed more sports, the war would have been much less.

 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기