Powered By Blogger

2022년 12월 12일 월요일

Freedom from Prejudice / Lee Kwan Yew

It was the day when former NIS chief Seo Hoon was arrested a few days ago. I was asked by a bus passenger who looked cultured. I think he was curious about the English books about economics that I always leave next to my seat. I said that my identity is a person who studies the North Korean economy. That's why I read the economics book. So that's roughly the right answer. At the same time, I said that if Korea slows down this time, it will be difficult to find a growth engine again, and the only way to find a growth engine is to cooperate with North Korea.


Although the current South Korean government is taking a hard-line policy toward North Korea, I am well aware that one day there will be a time when it will have no choice but to cooperate with the North. A wise man knows how to try and wait. I have avoided strong opinions on personal and national issues. Strong attitudes are caused by insufficient competence, and I understand the circular logic that humans lose their mind and lack competence due to strong attitudes.

 

As a bus driver, I traveled to various regions and deeply sympathized with the situation of the region and citizens, and I felt that the future of Korea was dark. The most fundamental problem is that the age structure of the population is becoming super-aging. The reason why Korea's future is dark is that older citizens will not have an innovative attitude, and such attitudes are reflected in politics through elections. And this is because there is a cyclical phenomenon in which innovative politics disappears again. The attitude toward North Korea should be particularly forward-looking. Although President Kim Jong-un is the leader of the hostile country, I was expecting that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un would take an innovative attitude because of my trust in President Kim Jong-un's youth.

 

Sometimes young leaders of each country confidently manage their national policies and sometimes make mistakes, but I have the belief that they will have unbiased (especially ideological-free) politics. There is no rule not to play politics without prejudice just because you are a leader of old age. I think personal efforts can overwhelm the biological system. I have seen many examples of future-oriented old-age citizens looking young for their age.

 

Three decades after separation, the close ties of families and friends still bind the two peoples. At the end of the day, however deep-seated the difference the two, both sides know that if they lash out at each other without restraint, there is a risk of unscrambling the interracial harmony that holds each country’s multiracial society together.

 

Malaysia needs multiracial tolerance as much as Singapore does. A younger generation of leaders will soon be in charge in both countries. Free from the personal traumas of the past, they can make a fresh start at a practical, working relationship.


- [ From Third World To First ] by Lee Kuan Yew -

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기