Powered By Blogger

2020년 5월 17일 일요일

A memory of ideology

I was a little embarrassed when I heard the news of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s death a few days ago. After monitoring all the related articles, it seemed like information that was actively introduced from outside. However, it has spread like rolling snow in Korea. Furthermore, the conviction of the North Korean defector-turned-lawmakers showed the sad reality of the Korean Peninsula. They must have felt pressured to say something even if they didn’t know much because they were elected in the name of an expert on North Korea.


I have had an objective view of idrology since my school days. In high school, I respected President Park Chung-hee before 1972. I respected President Park Chung-hee’s concentration in formulating and implementing a five-year economic development plan. And I very respected President Roh Moo-hyun. He made Korea a truly democratic country. If someone criticizes my attitude, that person is an ideologue.

There was a story of Kim Chul, chairman of the Social Democratic Party, who was contributed by his son Kim Han-gil in a current affairs magazine I read in high school. Kim Han-gil said his father sat in his office starving for lunch because he had no lunch money. At that time, Kim Cheol seemed to have lived a life full of faith in the circumstances that were difficult for the Social Democratic Party to take root. His belief is like a watch, so he’d better not speak until others ask, Kim Chul said. I still keep such a motto of Kim Chul in my mind.

On the other hand, my father lived in a remote place and listened to the radio at night. My father expected his family to escape to China, which he left behind in North Korea, while listening to the radio broadcast about ethnic Koreans living in China, I shed a lot of tears at the sight of my father, who was sad and lacked active faith.


When I was a senior in high school, my homeroom teacher was a bachelor’s officer. He used to give his students anti-communist education sometimes. I was tired, so I joked back at my teacher. “Hello. Don’t say too communist communist.”I used to say that in a North Korean dialect. Of course, I was asked to logically explain why communism is bad, but I didn't say anything logical.


Once, I went to the office of education on an errand from the homeroom teacher. In Korea, the power of management personnel is too strong than of field personnel. The officer in charge of the education office cursed that the teacher did not come in person, but the student came instead. I said a word when I thought of something for a momentarily. “The teacher went to an anti-communist education.(You are a communist, cursing such a teacher)” The attitude of the Officer of Education Office has become very polite and soft.


The intentions of outsiders who spread the news of North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un’s death in South Korea, which is hard to prevent Corona, have been successful to some extent successful. It was because of the commotion. If anyone intends to use the tragedy of ideological and division of the Korean Peninsula in Korea for political benefit, they should reflect on themselves. A greedy person plays into someone’s hands.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기