Powered By Blogger

2019년 10월 4일 금요일

The conservatism of law and religion

The reason why Korean legal professionals, including prosecutors, are so conservative is because they have not seen the other world. The studied at school with superhuman effort and entered a good university. They passed the bar exam with superhuman efforts during and after college. It seems undeniable that these talents have spent the golden years of their lives in a peripheral way.


If they have religious contact during a lonely and difficult life, they become very dependent on religion. Later on, he does his best to contribute to religion even after gaining social status. Religion has a conservative character. Religious thinking is rooted in the past. It begins with a scripture in which the saints of the past appear, the state of the old times appear, the kings of the old times appear, and the characters of the old days appear. Religion, therefore, is apt to label the new order unethical.

Sometimes religion attracts people with social status in this way. This helps solidify the position of the clergy. If this process repeat itself, it becomes preoccupied with a power struggle rather than with a power struggle rather than with morality, which is an essential duty of religion. In particular, Protestantism in Korea plays many such roles through aggressive missionary work. I know that because I have been to Protestantism for 6 years.

Religion has a strong inner cohesion by nature. The world of people who have studied law has a strong characteristic of internal cohesion. When the world of religion and law is combined, one may not know much about global affairs or the world of diverse people.


In retrospect, I read too many books in my teens.

[French History] by Andre’ Moreaua
[The long march] by Harrison E. Salisbury
[Zorba The GreeK] by Nikos Kazantzakis
[The last temptation of Christ] by Nikos Kazantzakis
Ernest Hemingway
Yi Sun-sin
Andre’ Gidd
[Simone Weil] by Georges Hourdin or [Simon Weil] by Simone Petrman
[Kim Hong-seop, a priest and judge] by Choi Jong-Ko
Miyamoto Musashi
[The Karamazov Brothers] by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Tolstoy
Richard Bark
[Don Quixote] by Cervantes
[The king and me] etc etc etc


If I had dug up a book of laws and religious scriptures, I would have listened to experts. But even if I wanted to believe something, I had a hard time getting involved with philosophical insight. Once on SNS, a swindler approached me, and I enjoyed myself showing my stupidity. If life was boring, I was playing by throwing myself away. I did that to the religious people in my youth.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기