Powered By Blogger

2020년 8월 9일 일요일

Red Sea of China

A long time ago I was involved in a very complicated affair. Then I visited the hometown of president. I visited a traditional market where the president suffered in his youth. There, I became him and empathized with his thoughts. What would he have thought while suffering? How did the hardship later be reflected in national policy? If he did something bad, why would he do it? I’ve had those thoughts.

 

I’ve often done such a thing. I thought a lot about Deng Xiaoping, the Chinese leader, in my youth. I thought Deng Xiaoping could give some solution to the divided Korea peninsula because of ideology. Not only that, but I was envious of the impact that a small-sized leader named Deng Xiaoping with a deep, huge spirit, would have on China and the world in the future. Knowing that Deng Xiaoping worked as a coal supplier for a steam locomotive while studying in France, I worked in a furnace. There was no harm in my resemblance to him. Zhou Enlai worked hard for the ‘relationship’ between China and the world by reading a lot and speaking five languages. I’m thinking about Zhou Enlai these days. I have freedom of thought, even though I am a lower-class worker in Korea.

 

These days, the Chinese government uses the term “revival of the Chinese people.” during the Cultural Revolution, President Xi Jinping lived in a cave, and I wonder what he thought at that time. These days, China may have trouble establishing a proper governing ideology between the one-party system of the Communist party and the market economy. That may be why China is in need of national unity. Also, China may be facing limitations in operating its economy, which has expanded faster than necessary, in a state-led capital-control manner rather than in a pure market economy.

  

The Xi Jinping administration is in an era of globalization, where transportation and communications have developed. However, China wants to live independently within the global community, believing in industrial technology and huge domestic markets that have developed evenly from basic science to high technology. But what made China today is the globalization spirit of Deng Xiaoping and Zhou Enlai. Mao Zedong took power by taking advantage of the characteristics of the Chinese people tamed by the hero legend of the Chinese classics, but was overly past-oriented. In terms of history, Egypt is more majestic than China.

 

The Chinese government should be a more open and liberal government. As world’s second-largest economy, China is obliged to turn the global village into a blue ocean. To do so, China must abandon old-fashioned ideologies such as communist and nationalist ones. The present deformed system will have its limits.      

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기